I. Being told that your child has a life threatening aesculapian condition can be scary and heart wrenching.
II. In February of 2009 my 2 month old son was diagnosed with beau go-cart
III. Children with Dandy Walker have many leaps and bounds not lonesome(prenominal) with medical issues but with developmental issues as well.
I. Dandy Walker is a rare genetic disorder
A. complex congenital foreland malformation
1. Involving the cerebellum and the fluid filled ventricles around it
a. Occurs during embryonic development of the cerebellum and the quaternary ventricle
2. According to the National Organization for Rare disorders Dandy perambulator occurs between every 25,000 and 35,000 live births
a. Is more frequently in females then in males
(Transition: So you might be wonder what the indications of Dandy Walker are?)
II. Most common symptom is hydrocephaly and most severe
A. According to the hydrocephaly Foundation Hydrocephalus is an ab standard build up of the header’s normal cerebrospinal fluid
1. This build up can cause the heading to increase in size.
a. If not treated the increased storm can cause neurological impairment.
Hydrocephalus can exactly be determined by getting a magnetic resonance imaging or a CT
2. There are many new(prenominal) symptoms associated with Dandy Walker that are not that severe.
a. Slow tug development, jerky eye movements, bulging at the front and moxie of the skull
(Transition: You might be wondering like I was if in that respect is a cure for dandy walker?)
III. There is no cure.
1. However you can treat the symptoms that are associated with Dandy Walker.
a. Hydrocephalus can be treated by surgically placing a shunt into the brain to drain the spinal fluid from the brain into the abdomen
I. In...If you want to get a full essay, order it on our website: Ordercustompaper.com
If you want to get a full essay, wisit our page: write my paper